Rookie Mistake by a Veteran Developer
I have been a Bioware fan since I first fired up Baldur’s Gate. Ever since then, I’ve bought every one of their titles (almost) and regarded them as nearly untouchable. No longer, and today’s SWTOR 1.2 announcement is why:
- Free In-game Legacy Tauntaun Ram for all active subscribers. YAY.
- Active accounts with a Level 50 character will receive thirty days of game time for their support and loyalty. HMM.
- Starting on April 13th through April 19th, 2012 former subscribers will be able to log-in to their accounts without having to re-subscribe. UHH.
What has really happened here? Why not reward based on subscription time instead?
Forgetting the silly Tauntaun pet, Bioware has decided to reward accounts with level 50 characters and non-loyal former subscribers. Is it right to reward someone who, for example, has only been subscribing since April 2 yet has a level 50 character? While at the same time ignoring someone else who has been a subscriber since day one yet doesn’t have a level 50?
They also seem to enjoy rewarding unsubscribers. I might have to try that.
Bioware, you aren’t a rookie developer, so don’t act like one.
Disclaimer: I don’t have any level 50 characters. I’m a casual player with an extremely busy life outside of gaming (like many others).
4 Notes/ Hide
- ferretgovroom reblogged this from warcraftic and added:
- w3djyt likes this
- phnuuby reblogged this from velkana and added:
- velkana reblogged this from warcraftic and added:
- warcraftic posted this