Update 12/26/2010 - This will be updated for patch 4.0.3 once I hit 85. The core rotation remains the same though with a few insertions.
While Demonology is *much* more fun in 4.0.1, there’s more buttons to manage and priorities to consider. It’s not just CoE, Corruption, Immolate, Shadowbolt spam. We have to consider the new Felguard AoE and ranged stun, extra demons, and a finicky Hand of Gul’dan that refreshes Immolate if timed correctly. In light of that, I found myself getting confused during combat, considering all of our options. So, I created a simple no-frills 4.0.1 Demonology Rotation Cheat Sheet (pdf). If you like it, feel free to use.
As a point of reference here are a few other helpful threads and blog posts that I’ve run over during the past week or so:
- Guide for the Raiding Warlock - The Warlock’s Den (forum thread)
- 4.0.1 Demonology PvE Build for Level 80 - Kungaloosh (blog post)
- Warlock FAQ - Wowhead (forum thread)
There’s a few essential macros that make life easier for warlocks in this patch.Related articles
- WoW Warlock Talents in 4.0 (brighthub.com)
- Blood Pact: Soul Shards, talent specs and the 4.0.1 warlock (wow.joystiq.com)
- Blood Pact: Warlock soloing instance bosses for fun and profit (wow.joystiq.com)
- Blood Pact: The clothes make the warlock — stats and reforging in 4.0.1 (wow.joystiq.com)